Sharing knowledge in the workplace is essential to maintaining a competitive edge and ensuring that your employees have the information they need to do their jobs well. But often, knowledge gets siloed within departments or individual employees, making it difficult for others to access and use it.
A knowledge-sharing platform can help break down those barriers and make it easy for employees to share and find the information they need.
If you find yourself constantly fielding questions from employees, or if team members are having trouble finding the information they need to do their jobs, it might be time to invest in a knowledge-sharing platform.
Here are 6 signs that your company could benefit from a tool like Lorino:
1. You're losing institutional knowledge.
As employees come and go, valuable institutional knowledge can be lost. If you don't have a system in place for capturing and sharing that knowledge, it'll be difficult for new employees to get up to speed and be productive.
Lorino helps here by providing a space for employees to share their knowledge and expertise - and we're not talking about the big stuff only. A lot of the institutional knowledge isn't formalized anywhere, it's the little everyday stuff that makes work life easier. With Lorino, this knowledge can be captured and shared, so everyone can benefit from it.
2. You're struggling with knowledge silos - Teams working in isolation from one another.
If your teams are working in silos, it's likely that they're not sharing knowledge effectively. Imagine if two separate teams are struggling to come up with the solution for the same problem. If they're not sharing information, they'll never know that the other team has already figured it out!
A knowledge-sharing platform can help by providing a space for teams to share information and collaborate on solutions. Lorino is particularly well-suited for this, as all the shared knowledge can be tagged and organized by team and topic*, making it easy for everyone to find the information they need.
3. Your employees are struggling to find answers to their questions.
If your employees are constantly coming to you with the same questions, it's a clear sign that they're having trouble finding the answers they need on their own. A knowledge-sharing platform can help by providing a central repository for information that's easy to search and browse.
Lorino is the perfect solution here. As Lorino is designed to be not only easy to use, but also to be populated organically over time by your employees, it'll offer all the answers to the questions that repeatedly come up and more.
4. Onboarding new employees is taking too long.
If you're finding it difficult to get new employees up to speed, it could be a sign that your current onboarding process is lacking. A knowledge-sharing platform can help by providing a space for new employees to get the information they need to be productive, without having to rely on others.
Lorino is again the perfect choice here for the simple reason that there's no need to go through hours of training, as the platform is designed to be intuitive and easy to use from the get-go. You'll only need to create an account for your newbies, and they'll be ready to scroll through all the available content in no time.
5. You're not making the most of your employees' expertise.
You might be missing out on valuable expertise that your employees have to offer simply because you're not providing them with the means of sharing it with others. A knowledge-sharing platform can help by giving employees a space to share their expertise and be recognized for it.
Not every platform is created equally though. If your current system isn't easy to use or navigate, it's not going to inspire your employees to utilize it. Lorino, on the other hand, is designed for exactly that - to make it easy and rewarding for employees to share their knowledge.
6. Your team is scattered all over the globe.
If your team is geographically dispersed, it can be difficult to keep everyone on the same page. A knowledge-sharing platform can help by providing a space for employees to share and access information from anywhere in the world.
Lorino is a great choice here as it's accessible from any device, making it easy for employees to access the information they need regardless of where they are. Whether they are getting a coffee or waiting for the elevator since the information is often short and easy to consume.
What is Lorino?
By now you might be wondering what this wonderous Lorino platform could be, as it seems to be offering the solution to all your workplace problems. Well, let us tell you a bit more about it!
Lorino is a social knowledge-sharing platform for businesses. Think of it as a cross between a notice board and an internal social media platform, but still productivity oriented. What does that mean?
In short, it's a place that allows employees to promote themselves, their achievements, and their knowledge to either their team or the whole company. The design is intentionally simple and inviting, as to make sure people actually use and enjoy the platform.
Here are just a few of Lorino's benefits:
- A user-friendly interface: The platform is designed to be as intuitive and user-friendly as possible. This way, employees will actually want to use it and won't get discouraged by a complicated design.
- The knowledge base populates organically: As employees share their knowledge on Lorino, the platform builds up a valuable knowledge base for the company. This way, you don't have to worry about manually adding content or keeping it updated - it'll all happen automatically.
- Tagging and search function: The tagging and search function makes it easy to find the right information when you need it. No more scrolling through pages of irrelevant content!
- A space for both formal and informal learning: The platform is designed to accommodate both formal and informal learning. This way, employees can easily find the information they need, whether it's a company policy or that one excel hack the guy from accounting shared.
If you're interested in learning more about Lorino or trying it out for yourself, you can either book a free demo, or try it out in our open workspace. We also offer a free trial so you can explore the platform and see if it's a good fit for your company.